Every house on the market has issues. While the cosmetic faults are okay to handle yourself, the structural ones may be serious and should be addressed without delay. One of the biggest structural concerns are foundation problems that build up over time, when the cracks in the basement or the uneven floors of the house go unnoticed. These eventually lead to repairs worth tens of thousands of dollars.
Homeowners go through a tough ordeal when they try to put such homes on the market for sale.
● Most homebuyers don’t want buy once they know how much fixing a foundation can cost.
● Homeowners become desperate once they themselves find out about the foundation after a home inspection. All of a sudden, the prospective buyer will want a big price reduction to cover repair costs, and the attempt to sell just got that much more stressful for the homeowner.
● To top things off, many mortgage lenders will not approve a home loan for a buyer unless all foundation issues are fixed prior to closing.
● Therefore, the homeowner will probably need to pay out of pocket for expensive foundation repairs just to keep the deal going – that’s if the cash was available in the first place.
● Disagreements between the homeowner and prospective buyer often leads to failed negotiations. Foundation repair costs have been reported to be the number one factor that prevents homeowners from selling.
So is it worth it trying to sell a house with foundation problems? In today’s market, a house in need of repairs will stay on the market for months without an offer. Just imagine what happens with serious structural problems like a faulty foundation. In such circumstances, you may start wondering if there are any favorable options left!
The best option is to choose us! We at Southern Nevada Home Buyers pay cash for houses in such dire conditions. We visit the property only once to see the house’s potential, then make the offer to buy it as is. We buy houses for cash and close the deal in less than 2 weeks.
Don’t spend another sleepless night over foundation repairs. Give Southern Nevada Home Buyers a call today.